We all take our phones with us everywhere we go.
Here are 9 apps that we here at Natural Blue use while traveling that are life changing (or at least travel changing)
- Gas Buddy- will use your phone's GPS to locate the cheapest gas wherever you are. If you report the gas prices in the area, you'll earn points towards their regular prize giveaways. It's a great community of drivers and travelers who work together to save money on gas and keep everyone in the know.
- Tripcase- Any hotel, flight or restaurant confirmation gets forwarded to the TripCase email address and within seconds it appears on my app. All organized by date, trip and time. If your flight is delayed it will update that as well. You can also add additional details to your trip within the app to customize your itinerary and keep everything in one place. There are a couple of other apps that are in direct competition with TripCase and I've tried them out as well, however this one is my favorite. The app is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.
- RED ROVER- If you have kids and you live in the city, you need RedRover. Local programs, festivals, drop-in classes and other events are filtered by date and according to the age and personal interests of your children. It also provides good and relevant suggestions on where to eat, shop or play in the nearby vicinity. Smart!
- ROAD NINJA- RoadNinja provides a list of spots at each interstate exit and then categorizes the depending on what you're looking for. You can find them on maps, share the with your friends or through your social networks and discover deals along the way. RoadNinja also has their own set of promos to help you save money. Speaking of money, it displays which exit offers the cheapest gas prices.
- WHATSAPP- You'll never have to pay for a text again as long as you use the WhatsApp Messenger. It allows you to exchange messages with iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia users without paying a cent. It's not just for texting, you can also send unlimited images, video and audio media messages.
- HIPMUNK- Hipmunk compares the top travel sites all at once and let's you in on hotel inventory for last minute savings. Their flight booking tool is quite good as well.
- MAPSWITHME- If you're traveling out of the country, chances are you won't want to use your data much. MapsWithMe offers detailed maps that are available completely offline. They are downloaded to your phone so you won't require any kind of data plan to use them.
- WORD LENS- If you are traveling abroad and you spot a sign in Portuguese, German, Italian, French or Spanish, just whip out this app and use the built-in video camera. The words will appear immediately on your video screen (no data needed).
- WOLFRAM SUN EXPOSURE APP- Avoid sun burn with this app